6/12/15 - Pickwick Dam, TN

We drove from Memphis to Pickwick Dam, Tennessee today. It was a drive of only 132 miles.  Along the way we stopped in Middleton.  My great grandfather, great great grandfather and great great great grandfather were born near Middleton in Hardemon County.  I stopped at a grocery store and the manager made me some copies out of the phone book of the Sain families who live in that area.  I called one of them after we got set up at camp.  He is a 4th cousin or 3rd cousin once removed.  I’m not sure how you say it.  We had a nice talk and he is going to send me some of the genealogy information he has and when I get back I will send him what I have.  I was looking for a cemetery in the area where my grandfathers or other kin would be buried.  We drove around town after having some lunch and rented a movie from Red Box - “Draft Day” with Kevin Costner.  We don’t have any TV or satellite reception because there are too many trees in the campground.  There are lots of fireflies in the woods here.  We used to catch them in jars when we were kids and I haven’t seen this many in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment