8/7/15 - Boonsboro, MD

The hookup sites are booked for the weekend, so we had to move to another camping loop.  Today we drove to Monocacy National Battlefield.  This was a relatively small battle during the Civil War but it delayed the Confederate Army from attacking Washington D.C. and allowed time for Union reinforcements to be deployed.  After going through the museum we drove into the battlefield.  At the first site we stopped at I started having bad pains in my chest/stomach area and my right jaw started hurting.  It scared me so I told Jim and he drove me to the hospital in Frederick.  They hooked me up to the EKG machine to make sure I wasn’t having a heart attack.  They did some blood work to make sure no enzymes from a heart attack were in my system and also did a chest x-ray.  The results were all negative.  The diagnosis was acid reflux and low potassium.  I got a prescription for potassium tablets and was told to use Prilosec for 14 days.  If it continues I will go see my doctor when we return home.   


After being released from the hospital we went to a local cemetery and visited the grave and monument of Francis Scott Key (who penned the Star Spangled Banner during the bombardment of Fort McHenry by the British during the War of 1812.  Before returning to the Casita, we stopped at Flying Dog Brewing in Frederick.

No comments:

Post a Comment